By Moments of Magic Travel Owner/Agent- Leslie Dispensa-Perlman
I’m not sure that I have ever been any more excited about a runDisney race until recently! At the 2015 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend big news was announced for runDisney lovers- they are taking the races to PARIS! That’s right- in September 2016 we will lace up our running shoes just outside the city of lights as we run the inaugural 2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon!
After the initial shock and excitement about this race wore off, we have stayed glued to our computer screens. The final dates of September 23-25 have now been set for the race and- to make it even more amazing- they announced a continent to continent medal!!!!! That’s right- if you run both a US based runDisney half marathon (California or Walt Disney World) in 2016 along with the Disneyland Paris Inaugural Half Marathon in 2016 you will be eligible for the Castle to Château Coast Race Challenge!! How amazing is that! The first runDisney race in Disneyland Paris AND a continent to continent medal!
I have to say that we were really surprised they would go ahead with the added medal on the inaugural year. It was hoped for by many avid runDisney runners (including us), but several thought that it would not happen in year one for the Paris team. What a truly magical surprise! Our team at Moments of Magic Travel will be running several runDisney races in 2016- including the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend, the Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend, the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend, and Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend!
For several races we will also be offering special pre-registration packages that can include your guaranteed race registration, discounts on rooms, tickets and more! Stay tuned to our Race Packages page for full details or call us at 1-888-50 MOUSE.
If you are considering running the 2016 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend feel free to join our chat group to stay up-to-date on all f the latest news, tips, travel tips, and important information about running in France! For instance- did you know that per French law all runners will be required to present a certified medical waiver prior to the race? For info on this and more come be part of the chatter in the Disneyland Paris Half Marathon group! Join us as we prepare for this incredible journey and get ready to runDisney in PARIS!
Forget The Glass Slippers. This Princess Wears Running Shoes!
By Moments of Magic Travel Agent Jennifer Kellum
The day every princess has been waiting for is here! Registration for the 2016 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend Presented By Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals is now available through Moments of Magic Travel! This is the perfect excuse for any princess to buy a new pair of shoes and work up a sweat…or a sparkle! Why runDisney? We’ve come up with just a few reasons why we love the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend!
- Can you say…GIRLS WEEKEND?!!! The Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend is the PERFECT excuse to get away with your favorite girls…grab your tutus and invite your girlfriends, mothers, daughters, or anyone you think is HALF crazy enough to run with you! Enjoy the benefits of staying on Disney property during race weekend at any host resort (all Walt Disney World resorts are hosts for this race!). Reserve your favorite restaurants for that pre-race carb meal and that post-race celebratory meal! Book a package and enjoy the parks as way to congratulate yourself for finishing!
- Who doesn’t love to shop?! The runDisney Health and Fitness Expo is headquarters for everything you need to prepare for race weekend. All runners must attend the Expo for race number, shirt & gEAR bag pick up. During the Expo celebration, you’ll be able to check out the latest in Official runDisney Race Weekend Merchandise, and get a sneak peek at the latest in fitness apparel, footwear, sunglasses, high tech gadgets, and nutritional products. The Expo will also showcase a Speaker Series that includes appearances by celebrity runner and seminars on training, running, and nutrition featuring speakers and panelists from the running industry. We were star-struck when we met Jeff Galloway last year!
- Not HALF crazy? No problem! There is a race for everyone!Whether you’re just getting off the couch or an experienced distance runner, runDisney offers a variety of races. The 5K and 10K races are perfect for new runners and families who want to run together. Disney races are full of women who encourage others along the way! Some of our favorite runners were first timers, cancer survivors, young aspiring runners!
- You’re running in Disney!! If anyone knows how to entertain for 13.1 miles, it’s Disney! Enjoy special entertainment every mile of the race…bands, cheerleaders, choirs, characters, floats, music, and more. Only with runDisney events can you run through the most magical place on earth including Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park and spectacular Epcot, then get sprinkled with pixie dust from your Fairy Godmother!
- Every Princess needs some BLING!! There’s nothing like a shiny new medal…but the runDisney medals are just plain awesomeSAUCE! There is no other word for it. And the best part? Everyone wears their medals around the park to proudly prove they are indeed, a PRINCESS!
Moments of Magic Travel will be participating in the Princess Half Marathon Weekend events and would love to sprinkle some pixie dust on your trip! We even have special race registration packages full of discounts and extras! Call us today at 1-888-50 MOUSE to reserve your room and begin planning your magical weekend!