Today our Moments of Magic Travel Concierge is communicating important updates and information to our guests. We are pleased to share this information with you and are here to assist with all of your vacation planning needs. Now more than ever we encourage you to rely on our knowledge, experience, and expertise for all of your travel needs. We are here to guide you every step of the way and as always, our services are completely free of charge!
Greetings Jones Family!
The purpose of this email is to provide you with the latest details released by Disney regarding their planned reopening. Disney has proposed a phased re-opening plan beginning July 11th, 2020! While this is very exciting news, I want to ensure that you are aware of some important information regarding several changes that will impact your reservation prior to arrival, as well as changes that can be expected during your vacation. Please know that your vacation planning is very important to me and I am available to answer any questions you may have after reviewing this information. I plan to follow up with you via phone to assist you in making an informed decision regarding your 2020 Walt Disney World travel plans.
Disney is excited to begin welcoming guests on July 11th at Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom parks, and on July 15th at Hollywood Studios and EPCOT. This opening is pending approval by the state of Florida and comes with many changes to park operations such as:
- Temporary suspension of fireworks, parades, Extra Magic Hours, and character meet-and-greets.
- Masks will be required for ALL guests ages 2+ throughout the theme parks and resort common areas.
- Final Payment for your vacation package is currently due 7 days prior to arrival (vs 30 days)
- A new Park Reservation System will be implemented in order to manage access to each of the Walt Disney World Theme Parks. To enter a park, both a park reservation and valid admission for the same park on the same date is required. More information will be released soon.
I encourage you to view other important facts about changes to safety precautions and park operations by clicking on this link.
Additionally, at this time Disney has made the difficult decision to cancel ALL existing Dining Plans, dining reservations, FastPass+ reservations, as well as other experiences. No new resort reservations or ticket sales may be made at this time, and guests with existing package reservations that include a dining plan will be refunded for their dining plan. Pre-existing ticket and resort reservations WILL remain in place at this time.
With all of this in mind I want to emphasize the following details:
- Disney will reopen dining and experience bookings with more limited numbers closer to when the parks reopen. They will also shift from a 180-day booking window to a 60-day booking window for dining and experience bookings going forward.
- When reservations for dining and experiences resume, guests with PREVIOUSLY EXISTING reservations will have the priority to rebook.
- Guests with EXISTING resort reservations will have PRIORITY access to the new Park Reservation System when it becomes available.
- Initially, theme park capacity will be significantly limited and admission will be granted by reservation only. Theme park reservations will be limited due to attendance limitations and will be subject to availability.
I recognize that this a great deal of information, and that some of it may be challenging to receive. Please know that our Disney partners are making adjustments based on their response to these uncertain times. More details, as well as any new information, can always be found on the Moments of Magic Travel Blog, or on our company Facebook page. Please feel free to contact me direct at any time with questions about your vacation. I sincerely appreciate your support and look forward to helping make your travel experiences now, and in the future, magical and memorable!